What's In A Title?

The blog title is my take on my favourite quote from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novel, when Bella realises she is in love with vampire Edward. My version is slightly less impressive than that in the book but never the less true:


"About three things I was absolutely positive, first I was an obsessed crafter, second, there was a part of me - and I didn't know how potent that part might be, that thirsted for beautiful craft materials, dies, stamps, papers, cardstock etc, and third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with scrapbooking and cardmaking"







Friday 5 August 2016

A Very Happy Meal


This layout shows my hubby tucking into a huge Big Tasty meal at McDonalds following a trip to the cinema.  The smug smile is because I was dieting and, whilst he tucked into his heart attack in a bun, I was nibbling on four chicken nuggets with some sweet and sour sauce.  

The whole layout is made up of leftovers.  The patterned papers were leftovers from a kit that I wanted to get rid of as my scraps bag is overflowing.  The strips are positioned to make it look like more paper was used than actually was.  The bear die cut came from a bag of assorted dressed up bears that has been knocking about in my craft room for ages and as hubby collects bears I thought it was ideal for the layout and it represents Ronald McDonald in bear form!  I finished the layout off with some enamel dots, wooden stars, arrows and hearts (one heart I painted red for contrast) and some coloured strips with text on.   The thought bubble was my best find as it fits in both colour wise and theme wise.  I die cut the main part of the title using my little Diamondpress cutter which I love cos it is so portable and the rest was made up of left over alpha stickers mounted on foam pads.

No comments:

Post a Comment