What's In A Title?

The blog title is my take on my favourite quote from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novel, when Bella realises she is in love with vampire Edward. My version is slightly less impressive than that in the book but never the less true:


"About three things I was absolutely positive, first I was an obsessed crafter, second, there was a part of me - and I didn't know how potent that part might be, that thirsted for beautiful craft materials, dies, stamps, papers, cardstock etc, and third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with scrapbooking and cardmaking"







Saturday 30 August 2014

My Little Tree





 
 
 
Over the few months I have been making a few Christmas cards so I don't have the usual last minute rush to make lots which usually results in me cheating and buying a couple of boxes of cards instead.
This stamp is one of my favourite Christmas stamps from Lili of the Valley called My Little Tree.  I have bought a lot of the new Christmas stamps from Lili of the Valley recently and I am in the process of colouring them with my Promarkers but I had this slightly older image already coloured so I thought I would use it on this card. 
 
The base card was cut using the Elizabeth Crafts Evergreen Pivot Card die designed by my favourite American designer Karen Burniston.  This die cuts the three trees that pivot and also comes with some decorator dies that cut the slightly smaller trees and baubles etc. separately.  Here I have covered a piece of white cardstock with a large strip of double sided carpet tape, run the cardstock and dies through my Big Shot then removed the backing paper from the carpet tape and dunked the trees in Crystal Glamour Dust.  I also cut the tree background strips at the bottom using another Elizabeth Crafts die called Outdoor Edges and added Glamour Dust in the same way.  I cut two strips of white cardstock to go inside the card and one for the front and embossed two strips with a snowflake embossing folder and attached one to the left inside edge and one to the front right hand edge and left the right hand inside strip plain so I can write on it.  The tartan background papers are from an 8 x 8 paper pad from Lili of the Valley called Classic Christmas and the funky Christmas phrases on the front and inside are from the Christmas Wishes stamp set also from Lili of the Valley.  That's one down, only another 99 to go.
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you don't have tons of comments..this is so very cute! I love the trees!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your lovely comment. There were so many lovely entries this month.

    ReplyDelete