What's In A Title?

The blog title is my take on my favourite quote from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novel, when Bella realises she is in love with vampire Edward. My version is slightly less impressive than that in the book but never the less true:


"About three things I was absolutely positive, first I was an obsessed crafter, second, there was a part of me - and I didn't know how potent that part might be, that thirsted for beautiful craft materials, dies, stamps, papers, cardstock etc, and third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with scrapbooking and cardmaking"







Saturday 30 August 2014

Crazy Twin Card





My brother Richard (Ricky) and I were both born in September, me at the end of September one year and him at the beginning of September the following year so for 25 days each September we are the same age.  Both in our forties now I still drive my brother mad for most of September by constantly referring to him as my twin brother and he always gets a birthday card from me to start the teasing off.  This year I wanted to use the gorgeous Poppy the Owl die along with the Lorna Label pop up die and the Clock & Gears die set, all designed by the wonderful Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Crafts.  I wanted the front of,the card to be a bit boring so I just used some scraps of Graphic 45 Botanical Tea papers from my scraps bag and typed and printed some text and die cut it into a label for the front.  I added some stars from a banner die I bought recently and left it at that.  The inside I wanted to be vibrant and funny and it had to relate to twins and 25 days.  I hope with the combination of more scraps of Botanical Tea papers and the die cuts I achieved my aim. 

The two text labels go something like this...

Happy Birthday Brother, this year I thought I'd drop the silly "twins for 25 days" routine....

.....but where's the fun in that!!  Happy birthday twin brother, lots of love from your TWIN sister .....blah blah.

 I hope this puts a smile on his face when it pops through his letter box shortly.  Let the teasing commence.


No comments:

Post a Comment