What's In A Title?

The blog title is my take on my favourite quote from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novel, when Bella realises she is in love with vampire Edward. My version is slightly less impressive than that in the book but never the less true:


"About three things I was absolutely positive, first I was an obsessed crafter, second, there was a part of me - and I didn't know how potent that part might be, that thirsted for beautiful craft materials, dies, stamps, papers, cardstock etc, and third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with scrapbooking and cardmaking"







Friday 21 March 2014

Big Heart for Mother's Day

It's Mother's Day shortly and this year my Mother is away abroad with my Dad, enjoying the sunshine so I made her card in December so she could take it with her when they flew out in January.  The card above I made for my lovely Mother In Law.  She loves my hand made cards and keeps them all in a big box.  She went mad the year I presented her with a gorgeous and very expensive shop bought one, I had to go home and make her another one so that year she had two.  I have used my favourite ever Lili of the Valley Stamp called James - Big Heart.  I keep using this stamp over and over, James is so cute.  Here I have coloured him with Pro-markers, added some liquid pearl dots to the heart and added the image to a die cut frame, I think it's a Sizzix one.  I have layered up some patterned papers from my scraps bag with some red cardstock, added some red ribbon tied with a bow then die cut some flowers and leaves, curling up the edges before inking around the edges and then I have added a half pearl to the centre of each flower.  I finished it off with a little sentiment and a couple of smaller pearls.

The inspiration for this card came from the monthly challenge over on the Lili of the Valley blog.  This month it is a crafty bingo challenge, with a 3 x 3 square grid, each grid containing the name of a type of embellishment and you have to create a card using a line from the grid, I chose the top line which was ribbon, pearls and flowers.

1 comment:

  1. This is so gorgeous, Lesley. I love the spotty heart and your lovely bright colours are beautiful!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Crafty BINGO' challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete